Top 5 Business TipsJul 31, 2023
Recently an Instagram post sparked some conversation with a question:
“What do you wish someone would’ve told you before starting your practice?”
I think these lessons are pretty universal, but I wanted to make sure to share them with all of you.
- Learn to solve problems, not sell services. It’s time to reimagine what “PT” is… this is key to diversifying yourself.
- Don't let someone else control your prices. I don’t care if it’s insurance, an employer, your customer… you need to regain control… or you deal with the trade-offs.
- Yes, your product is important, but that doesn't mean you can neglect your ability to sell it. Don't be the next great PT who can't get any clients. We see this all the time - the con ed consumption trap - at some point, you need to learn other skills, hate to break it to ya.
- Just because you are unsure doesn't mean you shouldn’t try. Business is a constant experiment, and sometimes how it's designed on paper isn't how it works once human behavior is mixed in.
- You'll learn more from your failures than your successes. So instead of avoiding failure by not trying, embrace it.
The game of business ownership is fun. It doesn’t have to be overwhelming or intimidating.
There are plenty of resources out there to help you, but the fastest route to success… will always be having a coach.
As you venture into entrepreneurship, you’ll need to be ready to reshape some old beliefs, learn some lessons from those who have already been there, and simply be prepared to get humbled along the way from time to time.
Now the choice is yours, keep playing it safe or start paving the road for your own journey?
Interested in learning how to apply this to your clients?